One - Research!
Today you are
a reporter for the newspaper or the radio station--you decide!
|Your assignment will be to write an informative announcement
about Red Ribbon Week and SADD. You will write an article
for the newspaper or a service announcement for the radio.
- Take notes and plan to keep your report/announcement between
40-75 words. Remember we are counting on you to educate the
public about the importance of SADD and Red Ribbon Week!
- Go to the Resource Page where you will find links that will
take you to information that will help you research your news
- After you have researched what SADD means and what Red Ribbon
means you will write a 40-75 word announcement/report in your
journal (if you would rather type it on the computer you may).
||Check with your editor to get
your next assignment (your teacher will assign you a drug to research).
You can take notes about the drug using
the Fact/Fiction Graphic Organizer provided by your teacher.
You should be able to find all the information
you need to create your info-mercial and poster if you use
your time wisely.
Today you are a Commercial Producer!
- You will open the PowerPoint template link found at the
bottom of this page and input data about the drug you researched
- When you have completed the information please save the
PowerPoint to your personal space on the hard drive. Your
teacher may ask you to show him/her your PowerPoint or you
may have to save Commercial to a shared space. Ask your teacher
(editor) to clarify where he/she would like you to turn in
- Your info-mercial will be graded using the rubric found
on the Assessment Page.
If you have time, you can start to sketch out your ideas for
You should be able to tell your teacher the theme of your
Poster before you leave today. Remember the themes are:
- Reach for the Stars!
- I've got Better Things to do than Drugs!
- Respect Yourself!
- Walk Away from Drugs!
- Team Up Againast Drugs!
- OR you can create your own theme as long as you
OK it with your teacher
Three - Create!
Today you are a commercial artist!
Remember this is your chance at FAME. The Top 5 poster designs
will be used to create customized t-shirts.
- You will use PowerPoint to design a poster based on the
theme you selected during phase two.
- Your poster will be posted on this website and judged using
the rubric found on the Assessment Page.
- Judges will be able to view your posters online.
- We will also incorporate all class posters into a final
video that includes neat effects and music.
Your teacher may have already
given you copies of worksheets to help you complete different assisgnments.
If not, you may find the following worksheets helpful as you organize